Hornets Nest...

Well it seems I've stirred some folks up with the posts about satan. First I don't capitalize his name for a reason, second I've been accused of being paranoid. Let me say that I'm not paranoid at all. I live for my Lord and Savior and have put all my trust and faith in him. You can't do that and be paranoid. Yes Jesus is Love, Grace, and Mercy. But if you believe in Jesus, you have got to believe in satan. You can't have one without the other, you can't believe part of the Bible and not believe the other part. I'm just pointing out to be cautious and on your guard with him like we're told to do in 1 Peter 5:8. Is satan responsible for everything bad that happens? No. But we do have to stay in the Word, he runs from the truth of Gods Word.

James 4:7 Therefore submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.





3 Comment(s)
Post a Comment


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said.......  

You better believe I know satan is real. Laying awake at night sweating and tasting the coccaine smoke and smelling the stench of it lets me know satan is real. Feeling the urge to make a left into the hood to score another rock lets me know satan is real. sweet ladies looking for a party reminds me satan is real. remembering the feel of the cold whisky glas resting in my hand lets me know satan is real. Don't think he will use it against you? wake up from the fantasy. There's another truth too; When we're born again we may be tempted but we have strength to resist temptation that comes from God. The more we stand for God, the more satan hates us.

I don't capitalize his name either Russ. Yep, he is a powerful enemy but I have learned that he has no control over me not given him by God. It is good to be God's property.

Better get right peeps. satan can sure look and sound pretty. Make sure you know who you're listening to.

John

Anonymous Anonymous said.......  

I guess I'd rather be proactive, and choose to do good rather than evil. It doesn't make sense to me that you have to assign proper names to these things.

Anonymous Anonymous said.......  

Quite possibly his job is most completely done when he has us convinced we are good people and we are doing good. Then, we can relax and focus on all that good we did and be happy and content.

OpenAirPreaching.com

PinPoint


God has blessed me with three wonderful children Christina, Mary and Jake and a beautiful wife Teresa. I'm not a preacher, just an everyday guy with the desire to share Jesus Christ.


All About Prayer - Discover how to effectively talk to God and how to listen for His answer. Communicate with Him today!

John's Blog

Living Kingdom

Kris Estep's Blog

Dave's Blog

Extreme Voice Radio

Todd West Praise Band

The Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

The Way of the Master

In The Street

Heart Cry Missionary


May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008
He's Real...
His Word..
Only One Way
Calming the Storms
Give me a break...
Deny yourself....
Thank You Jesus...
Opportunities
The Love of Christ....
Book of John


Christian and Religion News

Bible Study Aids Search the Bible
Use the:
Bible Study Tools

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

This blog has been viewed times.