It's a Shame

I saw a video the other day and they interviewed different people randomly on the street. Out of those people, nobody could name the Ten Commandments. Most were lucky if they guessed two of them. But guess what? They knew the name of ten beer brands no problem. What does this say about our society? What does that say about our witnessing for Jesus Christ? In Acts 1:8 Jesus tells us "You will be my witness in Jerusalem, in all of Judea, in Samaria, and in every part of the world". Have you been a witness for Jesus lately? Have you witnessed to anyone? Think of your mother, father, son, daughter, sister, brother or co-worker that you haven't shared the Gospel with and think of their terrible fate. Now think of our neglected duty. Here's a letter I've got printed out and posted on my wall.

My friend,

I stand in judgement now and feel that your to blame somehow. On earth I walked with you by day and never did you show the way. You know the Savior in Truth and Glory, but never did you tell his story. My knowledge then was very dim, you could have led me safe to him. Though we lived together here on Earth, you never told me of the second birth and now I stand before eternal Hell, because of Heavens Glory you did not tell."

If you would like to learn more about effective witnessing visit Way of the Master website. It's a great site to learn how to effectively witness. The letter above came from the site. It's time as Christians to be bold about Jesus and spread the Gospel. Our society needs it. As Paul pleaded in Ephesians 6 :19

"Also pray for me that when I speak, God will give me words so that I can tell the secret of the Good News without fear."





0 Comment(s)
Post a Comment


0 Comments:

OpenAirPreaching.com

PinPoint


God has blessed me with three wonderful children Christina, Mary and Jake and a beautiful wife Teresa. I'm not a preacher, just an everyday guy with the desire to share Jesus Christ.


All About Prayer - Discover how to effectively talk to God and how to listen for His answer. Communicate with Him today!

John's Blog

Living Kingdom

Kris Estep's Blog

Dave's Blog

Extreme Voice Radio

Todd West Praise Band

The Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

The Way of the Master

In The Street

Heart Cry Missionary


May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008
Compelled To Praise
Are ya Sharing?


Christian and Religion News

Bible Study Aids Search the Bible
Use the:
Bible Study Tools

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

This blog has been viewed times.